EXPLANATORY NOTES FOR APPLICATION FOR SCHOOL MATERIAL GRANT, ADEJE, 2014
Rules and regulations regarding the financial aid for school materials for the 2014/2015 school year for students registered on the Padrón in infant, primary and secondary public education centres in Adeje.
Requirements of the applicants
School material grants must be sought under the following conditions.
• The applicant is resident and registered on the residential register (padrón) for at least six months prior to the date of the application.
• The applicant is studying in a public infants, primary or secondary education centre in Adeje or in a neighbouring institute for educational reasons, or in a regional government educational resident centre.
• The family income level following the application of the formula, as outlined further on in this document, in the family unit where the applicant lives is no higher than €400.
• The applicant accepts the regulations outlined in the official documentation for this grant.
• The falsification and/or omission of data in any of the relevant documents required will mean the immediate rejection of the application/grant and could mean further legal action.
• The presentation of the application implies the granting of authorisation to the Adeje council to obtain any relevant data regarding the employment/tax returns of any adult member of the family unit to determine the family income.
Date and place of application
To apply for the grant applications must be presented on the following dates (according to which education centre the student is or will be attending) between 9am and 1pm, Monday to Fridays and on Thursdays from 4pm to 8pm, at the Adeje department of education which is on the lower ground floor of the Adeje Cultural Centre:
• April 28 -. May 2: IES Adeje I and El Galeón and neighbouring centres.
• May 5- 9: Los Olivos School
• May 12 to 16: Fañabé and Armeñime Schools.
• May 19 to 23: Tijoco and Las Torres Schools.
• 26 to 29 May: Adeje Casco School
Applicants must present the following documentation:
1. The completed application form which can be downloaded from the council webpage, www.adeje.es or obtained from the department of education.
2. Original and photocopy of your DNI/NIE/Residency Certificate/passport of the applicant (mother, father or tutor).
3. Original and photocopy of your DNI/NIE/Residency Certificate/passport of the student(s)
4. A presentation showing monthly income of the family unit which should be detailed in the following manner.
◦ Most recent nomina/wage slip for those employed
◦ Self employed – the most recent tax return which shows the net economic income of the individual/company
◦ Unemployed persons need an official document showing their status from the Canarian Employment Service
◦ Unemployed persons with no benefits, a document from the Canarian Employment Service stating this.
◦ Pensioner: certificate or document showing the amount receive.
◦ Pension with cost of living adjustments – documents showing amount received
5. A statement showing monthly mortgage payments or in the case of rented accommodation a rental contract, signed and stamped by the owner.
6. A particular bank form, called the Modelo Alto a terceros, which you can get from the webpage or the department and which you will need to take to the bank to have stamped and signed, showing your bank account number.
7. Authorisation, where relevant, giving the department of education clearance to acquire data from the department of social welfare for validation purposes.
8. Any other documents which may be deemed necessary to guarantee you are meeting the requirements.
The details will be confirmed with each education centre. All the forms must be filled in correctly with the course and centre in which the students will be registered for the 2014/2015 academic year.
In the case of multiple applicant for brothers and sisters one application will be sufficient.
Where a family is unable to provide certain documentation outlining their economic situation, their cases will be examined in conjunction with the education centre concerned and the social services department of this council.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure they have all the relevant documentation when they present their application. If the application doesn’t meet the requirements or more data is required it will be listed in the bulletin board in the department and you will have a maximum period of 10 days to present the missing data otherwise your petition may not continue to be considered. If possible this list may also be published in the council’s webpage, www.adeje.es.
Instruction, validation and concessions
The procedures will be carried out by administrative personnel from the departments of education and artistic heritage of the Adeje council Once the applications have all been received a commission will be constituted to validate and adjudicate the applications. The commission will use approved criteria to establish a list of those who they deem to be eligible, those ineligible and those who have been left out and the reasons for that exclusion. That list will be posted on the department’s bulletin board and in the council webpage. Applicants will have ten days to present any missing documentation if required. If you have a fundamental disagreement with the decision of the commission and feel your rights have been undermined you have the option to seek further redress including taking the matter to the courts.
Evaluation of applications
The commission established to process the applications will be made up of personnel from the council. During the evaluation period they may contact applicants if more documentation is required. They will use the following formula to calculate the family income level:
• Monthly incomes of all those living in the family home minus monthly costs (-70% mortgage or -100% rent), divided by the number of all those living in the family home, which, to qualify, should come to an amount less than €400.
Those living in the family unit are those whose names appear on the Padrón as living at the same address. This would also include the partner of a parent of a child applying for the grant and their children if they have any. In the case of separated or divorced parents, the income of the parent not in the family home is not taken into consideration. If the application is on behalf of a child in a foster home the income of those in the foster home will be used for the calculations.
(The points that are used to evaluate the application)
Family income below the benchmark 4 points
Unemployment 3 points
Family is using social intervention, special needs, suffering domestic violence or other risk situations 2 points
Time registered as resident in Adeje 1 point
In the case of over subscription the following criteria will be used to list applicants
1. Lowest level of income
3. Family is using social intervention, special needs, suffering domestic violence or other risk situations
4. Family with large number of children
5. Time registered as resident in Adeje
These criteria will only be used if there are more applicants than grants available.
Duties of those in receipt of the grant
Those who receive the grant must agree to present receipts for the material purchased within three months of the money being transferred to their account.
They must also inform the council of any change of situation, or any other grants or assistance newly received from other public or private bodies or any other alteration in their circumstances.
(This document is a short translation of the rules and regulations covering the Adeje School Materials grants 2014 and has no legal standing, and is intended only as a guide.)