Say it with words!

Adeje’s libraries are very popular among all ages

The Adeje public library network has just released statistics regarding library use in 2018. “The data is extremely positive and we have seen a substantial increase in the number of consultations by the public – something we feel is down to three key factors – the use of the libraries by the students of the Tourism degree course, the diversification of the activities the libraries are carrying out and the continuing and growing interest in reading and studying by the general public”, said councillor Desiderio Afonso Ruiz.

The overall figures for the Adeje libraries show that 24,523 people visited one of the libraries during the year, with a total of 46,319 consultations (books, online searches, etc) and there were 8,597 books lent during the same 12 month period. The monthly average number of visitors was just over 2,000, 73% of those were adults and the rest, 27%, were junior readers and students.

The figures represent an increase of 19% by younger users, a 14% increase in those researching or seeking information, and similar increases were registered in readers and older student use. The busiest days of the week were Mondays and Tuesdays, and there were 75 internet connections daily. As has been registered in other years, there was a notable increase in users during exam times.

The Adeje library in the cultural centre was the most visited (36,492 persons), just over 2,000 visitors went to the Canarian library on the Calle Grande, 3,156 used the public library in Armeñime and the Fañabe library welcomed 2,136 users during the year.

 

Department of Communications

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *